Limited picture disc vinyl LP pressing. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is the tenth studio album by The Flaming Lips, released by Warner Bros. Records on July 16, 2002, in the United Kingdom and the following day in the United States. It is characterized by electronic-influenced, psychedelic-tinged indie rock compositions. It has been certified Gold by the RIAA. Yoshimi was well-received critically and commercially, helping the band break into the mainstream. The album was adapted into a musical in 2012. The lyrics of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots concern a diverse array of subject matter, mostly melancholy ponderings about love, mortality, artificial emotion, pacifism, and deception, while telling the story of Yoshimi's battle.
- - Disc 1 -
- 1 Fight Test
- 2 One More Robot / Sympathy 3000-21
- 3 Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1
- 4 Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 2
- 5 In the Morning of the Magicians
- - Disc 2 -
- 1 Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell
- 2 Are You a Hypnotist?
- 3 It's Summertime
- 4 Do You Realize?
- 5 All We Have Is Now
- 6 Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)
Store Subject: POP & ROCK
Release Date: 9/29/2017