A New York Times Bestseller
In latest bestseller, Atul Gawande shows what the simple idea of the checklist reveals about the complexity of our lives and how we can deal with it.
Ancient self-care for modern life
Feeling burned-out, unmotivated, or stuck? The Ayurvedic Self-Care Handbook is here to help.
An exploration of humans' symbiotic relationships with plants and chemicals presents information on prehistoric partnership societies, the roles of spices and spirits in the rise of dominator societies; and the politics of tobacco, tea, coffee, opium, and alcohol.
A step-by-step guide to the simple acupressure self-care technique of tapping for acute and chronic emotional, psychological, and physical ailments
• Effective for emotional conditions such as panic attacks, anxiety, depression, PTSD, grief, anger, jealousy, and phobias, such as stage fright or fear of flying, providing immediate results in many cases
• Shows how this meth
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The 2013–2014 Ebola epidemic was the deadliest ever—but the outbreaks continue. Now comes a gripping account of the doctors and scientists fighting to protect us, an urgent wake-up call about the future of emerging viruses—from the #1 bestselling author of The Hot Zone, now a National Geographic original miniseries.
In his most extraordinary book, “one of the great clinical writers of the twentieth century” (The New York Times) recounts the case histories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapable world of neurological disorders.
Oliver Sacks’s The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat tells the stories of individuals afflicted with fantastic perceptual and i
Practical Ayurveda guides you on a wellness journey that is tailor-made for you.
An illustrated guide to natural relief from chronic inflammation
• Explores the use of 18 anti-inflammatory herbs, such as bay laurel, basil, turmeric, and devil’s claw, as well as 15 other natural substances, such as propolis and fish oil
• Examines which natural remedy is best for many common inflammation-related ailments, such as asthma, bronchitis, tendonitis,
A practical guide to using your Korean Sasang body type to optimize your health during menopause
• Explores how each of the four Sasang body types has its own unique menopausal symptoms and Yin-Yang energy balance, explaining why hot flashes occur when they do, why insomnia is suddenly an issue, or why you feel depressed
• Provides self-tests to determine your Sasang body
Anthony William, Medical Medium, has helped tens of thousands of people heal from ailments that have been misdiagnosed or ineffectively treated or that doctors can’t resolve. He’s done this by listening to a divine voice that literally speaks into his ear, telling him what lies at the root of people’s pain or illness, and what they need to do to restore their health.
A full-color guide to harnessing the healing powers of the body through visual meditation
• Contains 30 beautiful full-color mandalas with accompanying healing meditations, all based on the chakras and the natural miracle of the human body
• Provides mandala meditations to address specific body systems and health concerns, including the heart and circulation, brain and me
The remarkable untold story of a miracle drug, the forgotten pioneer who discovered it, and the fight to bring lithium to the masses.