From the celebrated author of Nickel and Dimed, Barbara Ehrenreich explores how we are killing ourselves to live longer, not better.
LOS ANGELES TIMES BESTSLLER • WINNER OF THE NAUTILUS BOOK AWARD • “In a world full of spiritual seekers, Megan Griswold is an undisputed all-star. What a delightful journey!”—Elizabeth Gilbert, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Big Magic and Eat, Pray, Love
Practical Ayurveda guides you on a wellness journey that is tailor-made for you.
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • “The story of modern medicine and bioethics—and, indeed, race relations—is refracted beautifully, and movingly.”—Entertainment Weekly
A comprehensive guide to addressing the growing epidemic of thyroid disease from the perspective of the Ayurvedic tradition
• Details the author’s successful treatment protocols for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, and hyperthyroidism developed over more than 30 years of Ayurvedic practice
• Explores the underlying causes of thyroid malfunction, the th
An illustrated guide to natural relief from chronic inflammation
• Explores the use of 18 anti-inflammatory herbs, such as bay laurel, basil, turmeric, and devil’s claw, as well as 15 other natural substances, such as propolis and fish oil
• Examines which natural remedy is best for many common inflammation-related ailments, such as asthma, bronchitis, tendonitis,
The #1 New York Times best-selling author and beloved healing authority reveals how taking your liver off overload can help resolve a wide range of symptoms and conditions--and transform your health in ways you've never imagined.
Co-written by one of the country's most prominent internists, Dr. Henry "Harry" Lodge, and his star patient, the 73-year-old Chris Crowley, Younger Next Year for Women is a book of hope, a guide to aging without fear or anxiety. This is a book of hope, a guide to aging without fear or anxiety.$16.00ISBN: 9780446392303Availability: Click Title for IN STOCK LocationPublished: Grand Central Life & Style - February 1st, 1991
Dr. John E. Sarno's groundbreaking research on TMS (Tension Myoneural Syndrome) reveals how stress and other psychological factors can cause back pain-and how you can be pain free without drugs, exercise, or surgery.$16.95ISBN: 9781611806083Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 DaysPublished: Shambhala - August 7th, 2018
A step-by-step holistic approach to eating disorder recovery, using self-compassion and embodiment practices to reduce symptoms, increase body awareness and acceptance, reconnect to others, and step back into an integrated life.$16.95ISBN: 9781594774669Availability: Click Title for IN STOCK LocationPublished: Healing Arts Press - February 2nd, 2012
Fasting practices to reconnect with the sacred, regain a sense of your life’s purpose, and heal physically and emotionally
• Details what to expect during your fast physically, emotionally, and spiritually
• Provides step-by-step guidelines on preparing for the fast, how long you should fast, what you can and can’t do during the fast, and how to end your fas$16.00ISBN: 9780374537968Availability: Click Title for IN STOCK LocationPublished: Scientific American / Farrar, Straus and Giro - October 2nd, 2018
Winner, 2018 PEN/E.O. Wilson Prize for Literary Science Writing
Short-listed for the 2018 Wellcome Book Prize
A Top 10 Science Book of Fall 2017, Publishers Weekly
A Best History Book of 2017, The Guardian
"Warning: She spares no detail!" —Erik Larson, bestselling author of Dead Wake