Email or call for price.
These engaging writing activities will introduce and develop essential persuasive writing skills
This workbook contains 50 guided 2-page exercises where students decide on the best and worst features of a person, place, event, activity, or situation.
Each activity asks students to list three positive and three negative aspects of the given topic. Students then choose the best and the worst aspect and write a short paragraph explaining the choice.
Each topic also includes a full-length writing task where students use the three good points or the three bad points as supporting ideas for a complete opinion piece. Key Benefits
- Introduces and develops strong persuasive writing skills
- Simple, straightforward, and engaging activities give students ongoing practice
- Students have extensive practice brainstorming and listing reasons and supporting ideas
- Encourages students to produce well-organized full-length opinion pieces
- Includes full-length writing tasks for opinion pieces, essays, letters, articles, and flyers
- Format allows for review and feedback as the student progresses
- Encourages critical thinking by having students think of pros and cons for a wide range of topics Develops Key Persuasive Writing Skills
- Forming and clearly stating an opinion
- Supporting a point of view with reasons
- Using details and examples to support ideas
- Producing focused and organized opinion pieces
- Structuring opinion pieces based on supporting ideas