The Chronicle of the Princes, or Brut y Tywysogion in Welsh, is an annalistic chronicle of the history of the rulers of medieval Wales. It can be considered a continuation of The History of the Kings of Britain, or Historia regum Britanniae by Geoffrey of Monmouth, which ends in the year 682. The Chronicle of the Princes begins in 682 and ends in 1282. This manuscript, of which the original is designated Peniarth MS 20, contains information of historical importance concerning the rulers of the Welsh kingdoms of Gwynedd, Powys and Deheubarth, as well as ecclesiastical information and events in England, Ireland, Scotland and sometimes even France. This publication contains the Welsh version as well as the unaltered English translation by Rev. John Williams ab Ithel, as originally published in 1860 by Longman, Green, Longman and Roberts in London. The original publication, and therefore the content of this reproduction, is considered to be public domain.