Welcome to the first comprehensive encyclopedia of the human energetic anatomy. Here is a reference that no personal or professional health care library should be without—an in-depth, illustrated guide to the invisible energies of spirit, psyche, and consciousness that influence every aspect of our well-being.
Whether you are looking for the complementary medicine to enhance your own healing practice, seeking perennial wisdom about your body's energetic nature from world traditions, or exploring the quantum edge of intention-based care, The Subtle Body is an indispensable companion for exploring virtually any facet of holistic healing.
Created for healing professionals and patients alike, this volume provides a lexicon of terms, illustrations, and detailed entries about our energetic biology and how it relates to our physical being. This invaluable information will help you enhance any form of health care, giving you the knowledge you need to develop an integrated approach for your clients' well-being or your own.
Compiled by energetic healer and scholar Cyndi Dale, The Subtle Body examines:
Energy-based therapy principles from the world's healing traditions, including Ayurveda, Qigong, Reiki, Quabalah, and many more
• The science of subtle anatomy—the ancient models and the newest research on the unseen fields that determine our physical condition
• True integrative care—how combining Eastern energetic modalities with Western scientific rigor yields optimum results
• The meridians, fields, and chakras—detailed information and diagrams about the role of these energetic structures in our overall health
• The role of intention in healing—how the beliefs of a healer, patient, and everyone involved affect the outcome of a treatment
What is it that distinguishes good healers from great ones? Today it is clear that the most successful healing occurs when we take into account every level of our physical and energetic selves. With The Subtle Body, you now have an unprecedented resource for understanding the physical, energetic, and spiritual elements of human health, providing an informed, complete approach to healing.
The Subtle Body has received the following awards:
2010 Gold Nautilus Award—Health/Healing/Energy Medicine
• 2010 Silver Living Now Award—Health/Wellness
• 2010 Bronze IPPY—New Age (Mind-Body-Spirit)
“An extraordinary body of work. The Subtle Body belongs in the library of every truly conscious person on the planet.” —Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
“The Subtle Body is truly an encyclopedia that covers the field far more comprehensively than anything I have seen. If you are a novice interested in Energy Medicine, this is a valuable and essential text. If you are an energy practitioner, this book provides a stunning foundation.” —C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D., author of The Creation of Health