The town of Buckeye--located in the Valley of the Sun, just 35 miles west of Phoenix--was founded in 1888 following the completion of a 10mile irrigation canal in 1886. Throughout the 20th century, this farming community grew as residents established businesses, built churches, raised families, and worked together to carve a home out of the desert. The coming of the Arizona Eastern Railroad in 1910 was so significant that the town's business district was moved to accommodate the location of the railroad station. And as a result, Buckeye boomed. By 2005, with a population over 35,000, the town again faced significant change as the old cotton fields were replaced by housing developments. Though ever changing, the future remains bright for Buckeye, and its heritage remains a valuable treasure for residents, both old and new.