IN WAREHOUSE - Usually Ships in 3-7 Business Days
UPDATED THIRD EDITIONThere's a HUGE problem in the commercial real estate business that nobody is talking about-DUE DILIGENCE. This is the "crux" of real estate investing. NOW-more critical and essential than ever. LEARN IT OR LOSE BIG
You will not look at real estate investing the same way once you own this skill set. It is an easy-to-follow, proven step-by-step system that investors and real estate professionals use regularly while conducting their due diligence. It will help you to make informed, intelligent decisions when deciding whether to buy or NOT to buy. You will learn how to avoid mistakes with costly consequences, create more value, and shave years off your learning curve with this essential information for buying investment property. Adhering to a proven system allows you to conduct due diligence faster, easier, and more efficiently, and you're less likely to miss something. Here are just a few of the lessons you'll learn:
- Negotiating the purchase and sale agreement - Discover what you MUST include in order to maximize your opportunities to negotiate further with the seller. (Super important to know.)
- Reviewing the leases - Not knowing what provisions to watch for could cost you dearly once you own it. Don't leave big money on the table because you "don't know what you don't know".
- Uncovering hidden problems and issues - Sellers will NOT disclose these, so you need to know where to look for them. And what you DON'T KNOW CAN HURT YOU. Many of these issues could make or break your investment.
- Critical factors to consider during your financial analysis - A list of essential questions that MUST be addressed is included. Leaving these questions unanswered can be potentially devastating to an investment.
- Not over-paying - Make sure you're getting all you deserve by getting credited fairly for items on the closing statement. This includes specific items to review with instructions on what to ask for to minimize your chances of getting taken advantage of and potentially losing big money.
These fundamentals remain the same and are all applicable whether they are residential rental properties, industrial, retail, or office buildings. This system will help reduce risk and create value for all of them. In addition, the handbook includes:
By having this valuable system, you will be more prepared and confident in your ability to negotiate, going up against ANY seller.
- Physical and mechanical Inspection photos that show you what to look for and how to assess issues.
- Due diligence checklist
- Due diligence document checklist
- Sample tenant questionnaire - Lists essential questions that you should ask when conducting a tenant interview. This provides a wealth of information when done properly. Learn this or lose out.
Most investors, real estate brokers and commercial real estate professionals barely scratch the surface conducting their due diligence. Mainly because "they don't know what they don't know." I've spent over 30 years helping investors buy and sell over 9 million square feet of property and witnessed the practices of professional and small investors. It wasn't until I became an acquisition executive and learned some humiliating, expensive lessons that "I didn't know what I didn't know".
As a pilot uses a pre-flight checklist prior to each flight, you'll want to refer to this handbook every time you buy an investment property. There are too many things to remember. We need reminding as much as we need learning Warren Buffet said, "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing." Having a proven system in place helps you know what you're doing. Buy the book now It will be one of the best investments in real estate you ever make. Not buying it could be one of your most costly.