Email or call for price.
Children should not just read about history, they should live it. In The Story of Civilization, the stories that have shaped humanity come alive like never before. Author Phillip Campbell uses his historical expertise and story-telling ability together in tandem to present the content in a fresh and thrilling way.
The Story of Civilization reflects a new emphasis in presenting the history of the world as a thrilling and compelling narrative. Within each chapter, children will encounter short stories that place them directly in the shoes of historical figures, both famous and ordinary, as they live through legendary battles and invasions, philosophical debates, the construction of architectural wonders, the discovery of new inventions and sciences, and the exploration of the world.
Volume IV: The History of the United States transfers the journey over to the New World. Beginning with Columbus when he sailed the open blue and extending into the present day, this volume tells the thrilling tale of our nation, both the good and the bad. Children will be introduced to heroic American saints like Juan Diego, Peter Claver, and Elizabeth Ann Seton, explorers like Lewis and Clark and Neil Armstrong, and a whole host of US presidents, as well as relive some of the most significant events in our country's past, like the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the assassination of President Lincoln, the Civil Rights Movement, the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor, and many more.
The strength of the content lies not only in the storybook delivery but also in the way it presents history through the faithful prism of the Church. Have you always wanted your children to learn about world history from a Catholic perspective? Here, you'll have the trusted resource you've always wanted.
Did you know...
- Hernando Cortez conquered the vast Aztec Empire with only a few hundred soldiers?The North American Church gave rise to many great saints and martyrs, such as St. Isaac Jogues, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and St. Junipero Serra?
- The teddy bear was named after President Teddy Roosevelt?
- We owe our modern interstate expressway system to President Dwight Eisenhower?
- The Germans once tried to get Mexico to invade the United States during World War I?
- There was a small group of airline passengers who acted heroically and saved lives during the attacks of September 11, 2001?
Embark on the journey now to learn of all these wonders and more