Call or email to see if a used copy is available.
Despite what you've been told, there is no standard lease
You've heard it already: "This is our standard lease--sign it." But often, you can negotiate what you need. And to do that, you'll need insight into the rules.
Armed with Negotiate the Best Lease for Your Business, you'll find the advice and strategies you need when negotiating with an experienced landlord. This practical handbook explains how to:
- analyze your space needs
- find the ideal location
- understand the landlord's rent calculations
- learn how to negotiate your tenant improvement allowance (TIA)
- make sense of common area maintenance allocation
- suggest alternatives to hefty security deposits
- allocate the responsibility and cost of fixing up your space
- avoid costly code compliance and clean-ups, and
- save your lease if you can't live up to it now and then.
The 4th edition provides the latest strategies for working with brokers and lawyers.