Seeing is understanding With over 300 illustrations, this book explains everything you need to know to maintain a marine diesel system, winterize the diesel system, protect from heat and humidity, and summerize to ensure reliable and trouble-free service.
- step-by-step instructions in clear, simple drawings
- explains the complete system - fuel, lubrication, cooling, breathing, electrical, running gear (shaft, stuffing box, propeller)
- lists all necessary tools and supplies to get each task done
- covers sailboats, motorboats and narrowboats
- indirect and direct cooled diesel engines
- saildrives - maintenance, lay-up, recommission
Maximize the joy and freedom of being out on the water, knowing your diesel system is properly maintained and a reliable and robust friend in all conditions. Marine Diesel Basics shows you how.
Marine Diesel Basics is a new series of VISUAL guides to the complete marine diesel system on sailboats, powerboats and narrowboats - fuel, engine, breathing, cooling, lubrication, electrical, transmission, stern gland and propeller, troubleshooting, mechanic's know-how and boat buyer's guide. Watch for new titles coming soon, follow Marine Diesel Basics on Facebook, @oceanhermit or marinedieselbasics.com