This deluxe, illustrated edition celebrates the New York Times-bestselling series, The Kingkiller Chronicle--a masterful epic fantasy saga that has inspired readers worldwide.
This anniversary hardcover includes more than 50 pages of extra content
- Beautiful, iconic cover by artist Sam Weber and designer Paul Buckley
- Gorgeous, never-before-seen illustrations by artist Dan Dos Santos
- Detailed and updated world map by artist Nate Taylor
- Brand-new author's note
- Appendix detailing calendar system and currencies
- Pronunciation guide of names and places
"I just love the world of Patrick Rothfuss."--Lin-Manuel Miranda
- "He's bloody good, this Rothfuss guy."--George R. R. Martin
- "Rothfuss has real talent."--Terry Brooks DAY ONE: THE NAME OF THE WIND My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me.
So begins a tale unequaled in fantasy literature--the story of a hero told in his own voice. It is a tale of sorrow, a tale of survival, a tale of one man's search for meaning in his universe, and how that search, and the indomitable will that drove it, gave birth to a legend.