"Human, touching, and hopeful, Beth Evans provides an empathetic guide to navigating some of life's universal challenges." —Sarah Andersen, author of Adulthood is a Myth, Big Mushy Happy Lump, and Herding Cats
Building on the success of I Really Didn’t Think This Through, this long-awaited, hilarious sequel by popular Instagram artist Beth Evans (292k followers) offers her take on life’s most daunting questions.
With 250 never-before-seen comics, Hi, Just a Quick Question is the follow-up to Beth Evans’ wildly popular I Really Didn’t Think This Through. Written in a fun Q&A style format, Beth tackles 50 “How do I” style questions with her endearing, self-effacing humor and keen insight for what we as human beings need most to hear: that we’re all just figuring it out and that anyone who says (or posts) otherwise is pretending.
A How-to guide from someone who understands many of the day-to-day struggles we can encounter, Hi, Just a Quick Question tackles topics including personal effectiveness, friendship, anxiety, self-care, solitude, and forging our own identities in the world. Sample questions include:
· How do I stop procrastinating?
· How do I express my feelings when the words won’t come out?
· How do I deal with emotional dark pits?
· How do I find coping skills that work for me?
· How do I make a self-care routine?
· How do I keep going forward when everything is hard?
· How do I handle people who don’t take mental health seriously?
· How do I stay positive?
· How do I learn to love myself in a way that doesn’t feel forced?
· How do I know if there’s something wrong with me?
Hi, Just a Quick Question is the perfect gift for a new graduate, someone you love, or even for yourself.
Beth Evans is an illustrator and comic artist with more than 270,000 followers across various social media platforms. She likes keeping up on Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr as a means to share her insightful humor with the world. Beth lives in the Chicago area and enjoys wearing oversize pajamas while drawing comics that capture hard-to-describe feelings on a daily basis. She is the illustrator for Breaking Mad by Anna Williamson, which hit #1 on Amazon UK. Her work has appeared across media outlets from HuffPost to Buzzfeed to MSNBC.