- Staff Picks
- Store Blog
- New Releases
- Publish With Us
- Our Services
- Before You Publish
- Submission Guidelines
- Submit Order
- Recently Published
- Contact Us
- Bestsellers & More
Premier Package $699 set-up fee + Per Page Fee
The PremIer Package Includes:
- Information Meeting (½ hour) — We go over
submission guidelines and answer questions about the process. Additional
time may be billed at a per hour rate of $40.
- Submission Review — We review the submission to make sure everything is in order.
- Set Up — Once approved by author, the title is set up for production.
- Print Proof Copy — One unbound proof copy is
printed for the author's approval. This proof copy should be thoroughly
reviewed by the author. Any additional proof copies will incur
additional per book costs.
- Revisions — One revision of the cover/back cover and interior files is included. Any additional revisions will result in a $75 per file fee. If a new proof copy is requested, you will incur additional per book costs.
- Print — Once your book is approved, we
will begin the printing process. The price of your book is based on a
base price and a per page cost.
- Service — Unlike most other companies, we are available to help you through this process in person, on the phone or via email.
- In Store Placement — We will sell your book in the Northshire Bookstore for a minimum of three (3) months.
- Online Placement — We will sell your book on our secure website, www.northshire.com
- Royalties — We pay royalties on 100%
of the income above the printing cost of the book (e.g. if the printing
cost is $7/book and you set the retail cost at $10, you will receive $3
per book sold in royalties). These will be paid out twice a year at the
discretion of the printer.
- ISBN — We will assign an International Standard Book Number (ISBN) to your title so that it can be widely distributed.
- Barcode — We will create a barcode for the back cover corresponding to the ISBN.
- Non-Exclusive Contract — You worked
hard to write your book, and we don't want you to give away your rights.
While many insist that you give up your rights, Shires Press lets you
keep them 100%. You can stop printing your book with us at any time, for
any reason. Just let us know in writing.
- Cover Design — We will custom design the cover (front, back & spine) of your book under your guidance. Additional charges may apply.
- Lightning Source (LS) Distribution — We will upload your title to LS Print On Demand Database allowing your book to be printed by their POD program. In addition to distributing books through Ingram Book Company, LS titles will appear on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. The author is responsible for any proof copy fees charged by LS as well as the Annual Renewal Fee to keep your POD title active. Retail pricing for LS will be discussed with the author. Additional charges may apply.
- IndieBound.org Distribution — We will upload your title to IndieBound.org linking your book to thousands of indie bookstores across the county. IndieBound,org brings together booksellers, readers, indie retailers, local business alliances, and anyone else with a passionate belief that healthy local economies help communities thrive.
Fee structure — (based on an even number page count)
- B/W Perfect bound book: $.06 per page
- Color Perfect bound book: $.12 per page
- Color Hardcover book: $.18 per page (Dust jacket not included. Please add $5 per book for dust jacket)
- Color Perfect bound book: $.25 per page (Dust jacket not included. Please add $5 per book for dust jacket)
*all books beyond the initial proof copy are charged at a per unit cost depending on page count. Prices are for quantities up to 100 books. Reduced pricing is available for quantities over 100. Please ask for details.
Personal Package $129 set-up fee + Per Page Fee
The Personal Package Includes:
Northshire Package $299 set-up fee + Per Page Fee
The Northshire Package Includes:
Ebook Package $399 set-up fee
The Ebook Package Includes:
Shires Press Package $499 set-up fee + Per Page Fee
The Shires Press Package Includes:
Available forms to download:
" Many people, other than the authors,
contribute to the making of a book, from the first person who had the
bright idea of alphabetic writing through the inventor of movable type
to the lumberjacks who felled the trees that were pulped for its
printing. It is not customary to acknowledge the trees themselves,
though their commitment is total. " - Forsyth and Rada,Machine Learning